Imole Campaign Council Raises Alarm Over Alleged Deployment of Fake DSS in Osun

By Waliu Adetokun, Osogbo
The Imole Campaign Council has alleged a plot involving fake operatives of the Department of State Services to target 25 government and Accord officials ahead of the August 15 polls in Osun State.
In a statement issued on Sunday in Osogbo, the spokesperson for the council, Pelumi Olajengbesi, alleged that individuals posing as DSS operatives had been deployed to major towns across the state to harass and intimidate political opponents.
Olajengbesi said the allegation was based on intelligence reportedly obtained from the Ilerioluwa campaign office of the opposition All Progressives Congress.
According to him, the operatives were allegedly acting outside the authority of the Osun State Director of DSS and had already taken accommodation in Osogbo, Ilesa, Iwo, Ikirun, Ede and Ile-Ife.
“The fake operatives claimed to be a special squad from Abuja and are already lodged in Osogbo, Ilesa, Iwo, Ikirun, Ede and Ile-Ife,” the statement read.
The council commended the Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, for what it described as efforts to ensure fair policing in the state, while urging the Director-General of DSS to investigate the alleged development.
The statement further alleged that members of the opposition had been boasting about deploying DSS operatives after the police allegedly began adopting a neutral stance in recent days.
It also claimed that the suspected operatives were coordinating armed thugs to destroy Accord campaign billboards and organise public booing of Governor Ademola Adeleke in parts of Osogbo.
“There is also an alleged influx of arms to APC thugs across parts of the state, including Ilesa, Osogbo, Ikirun and Ile-Ife,” Olajengbesi stated.
The council further alleged that about 25 officials linked to the administration and the Accord political structure had been placed on a target list.
“We have it on good authority that prominent officials of the administration numbering about 25 have been listed as targets, with their movements being tracked and their communications bugged,” the statement added.
While warning against what it described as rising political tension in the state, the council called on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to caution the Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Gboyega Oyetola, over actions allegedly capable of destabilising the state.
The statement described the alleged operation as “the most politically insane plot ever hatched by anti-democratic elements seeking power through the backdoor.”
“We call on the Director-General of DSS to order an investigation and immediately halt this alleged operation, which is by all accounts a pseudo and unauthorised scheme designed to drag the service into partisan politics,” the council said.
It also appealed to the President to intervene, alleging that some opposition figures were “fanning the embers of discord and nurturing conflicts with dangerous implications for forthcoming elections.”
Click to Join Our WhatsApp Group
Click to Join Our WhatsApp Channel
